Info You Need
Apply Two Ways
- Click our AVAILABLE PROPERTIES and use the Apply Now button on the listing detail.
- DOWNLOAD our application as a PDF
- Print it out and bring it with you to the open house
- Fax it to us at (415) 554-0488
The application process usually takes 1-3 business days. To be considered for an available unit the following steps must be completed:
- Completed Rental Application - EACH applicant over 18 years of age who will be residing in the unit must complete in its entirety and sign Gordon Property Management's Application. You can complete an application online through our listings, or download the application (see below).
- Provide Credit Check and Processing Fee - EACH applicant over 18 years of age who will be residing in the unit must provide a $35.00 non-refundable credit check and processing fee. Payment methods for this fee may be online, cash, check or money order made payable to Gordon Property Management. Credit check and processing fees are non-refundable. The amount charged covers the actual cost of credit report, unlawful detainer (eviction) search and/or other screening reports and the administrative costs to obtain, process and verify screening information.
- Provide Gordon Property Management with income documentation. Applicants can upload income verification or provide them to Gordon - Property Management via fax, email or in person. Income documentation includes copies of your most recent paystubs, offer letters or tax returns.
We will not begin working on your application until we receive all of these items.
Qualifying For An Apartment
In order to rent an apartment or home from Gordon Property Management applicants must be able to show that their monthly income is equal to or greater than 3 1/2 times the monthly rent. We consider all verifiable income of all applicants in the household. Self-employed persons may need to submit tax returns and / or bank statements. Students who are receiving parental support will need to have their parents qualify and sign a rent guarantee.
The credit report is one of several factors we use in evaluating a tenant. Although a high credit rating is preferable, we recognize that many potentially great tenants have had credit problems in the past. If your credit history is less than ideal please tell us why.
We will contact your current and your former landlord for references. The rental reference is an extremely important factor in evaluating prospective tenants, so make sure your application includes accurate phone numbers for your current and former landlord.
Some of our properties are willing to consider pets and some will not. If we are able to consider pets our ads will clearly state that pets are negotiable. Cats must be spayed or neutered and in some cases they must be indoor cats. Dogs must be at least two years old and we must be able to either meet the dog or get references for the dog. Read our pet agreement carefully and make sure you are willing to comply with the terms of the pet agreement.
Selecting a tenant from several qualified applicants is not easy. We use all of the above factors in combination in choosing a tenant. We will offer the unit to the first qualified applicant to submit a complete application, with the following exceptions: 1) Applicants who offer over the asking price will be given priority consideration and applicants who offer less than the asking price will be considered after those offering full price or more. 2)An applicant without a pet may, in some cases, be offered a unit before an applicant with one. Applications shall not be considered received until they are complete.
SIGNING A LEASE:
If you are selected for an apartment, you will have 48 hours from the time we offer you the apartment to sign the lease and pay the full security deposit. All leases are 12 month leases. The first month's rent will be due at the start of the lease and before you are given keys to the apartment. Both the security deposit and the first months' rent must be paid through our on line application or paid with a cashier's check or money order (payable to Gordon Property Management). Applicant will be required to obtain a renter’s insurance policy prior to occupancy. Smoking of tobacco products is prohibited on the entire property pursuant to Article 19F of the SF Health code. However, some prior rental agreements in building are not subject to this regulation.
EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY:
We do Business in Accordance with the Fair Housing Act. (The Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended by the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988).
IT SHALL BE ILLEGAL TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY PERSON BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, (PHYSICAL OR MENTAL) DISABILITY, FAMILIAL STATUS (HAVING ONE OR MORE CHILDREN), OR NATIONAL ORIGIN
- In the sale or rental of housing or residential lots
- In advertising the sale or rental of housing
- In the financing of housing
- In the appraisal of housing
- In the provision of real estate brokerage services
- Blockbusting is illegal
Anyone who feels he or she has been discriminated against should send a complaint to:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Assistant Secretary of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Washington, D.C. 20410